This doesn’t fit specifically in either category below, but I still wanted to call attention to it: Last Tuesday we launched Firefox 29 “Australis,” our biggest redesign of Firefox since version 4!
Education & Culture Working Group
- Further planning with Dino Anderson about diversity & inclusion efforts we’d like to roll out this year. I don’t have notes I can share, but will work on putting together some kind of update soon.
- Drafted an open planning checklist (comments welcome!). This is geared towards all Mozilla teams (of paid and volunteer contributors) to help them adopt and maintain an open planning process.
- Represented the E&C Working Group at the Grow Mozilla meeting.
- Facilitated our regular Education & Culture working group meeting (notes).
Wiki Working Group
- Triaged all open Websites::wiki.mozilla.org bugs. Closed 43 bugs (search).
- Setup the wiki as a project in scrumbugs. Still updating bugs with user stories, so you won’t see a lot there, except in the backlog.
- Worked, with Lyre and Larissa, on final drafts of wiki.mozilla.org and WWG purpose and scope documents. We’ll review as a group tomorrow and then I’ll post publicly.
- I wrote a tiny, simple WordPress plugin called bz shortcode to help make generating individual bugzilla.mozilla.org links on this blog easier.
- I’m trying to attend fewer meetings so that I have more time to work. My strategy so far is: If I receive a meeting invite without an agenda item making it clear why I’m a necessary participant, I’ve started declining with a note to the organizer asking if I really need to be there. The flip side of this is that I’m doing my best to have clear agendas a head of time for the meetings that I facilitate.
Priorities for this week
- Finalize scope documents for both the wiki itself and the wiki working group.
- Update contribute area page for webdev.
- Outline requirements for project-wide “Mozilla Quilt” (part of Education roadmap). Working on this with Dino and others.
- Expand the brainstorm of needed community building skills that we started at last month’s MozCamp planning session to entire organization using Mozilla moderator.
- Collect feedback on open planning checklist and publish.
As always, you are welcome to join me in any of these projects. Look at my mozillians profile for the best way to get in touch with me.
- Wiki Working Group: Tuesday, 6 May at 16:00 UTC / 9am PT. In your timezone and how to participate. Agenda.
- Education Working group: Friday, 16 May at 16:00 UTC / 9am PT. In your timezone and how to participate.